Pana BD55 or pioneer 51?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a 42PZ85 plasma and BD30 blu ray. I am upgrading to the Pioneer 5090 screen and also want to upgrade the BD30.

I want a player that can improve on the BD30 Blu ray picture and inparticular, it's DVD performance. Obviously, I want the best sound possible.

Are these my only choices or is there something 'much better' to consider.

I hope to not have to spend more than £350 or so but if there is a 'killer' product I will save for a while longer.

Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Next Thursday our new issue is out, complete with comparative tests of Blu-ray players from @£100 upwards - including head-to-head between the Panasonic and Pioneer....

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare,

Can you confirm the issue is out Thursday 8th January. Wouldn't want to wait any longer in case some of the present bargains disappear - the reduction in price of the Panasonic BD55 with the code given in another thread for example or the Pioneer 51.

Still giving this some thought as I remember the sound from a previous Pioneer (CLD 2950 which is still in my attic) as I really liked it's musical ability...

Not actually heard a Panasonic BD player with music and wouldn't want to jump in just because the Viera link would work.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Clare, looks like I will be buying the mag on Thursday!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, the mag is definitely due out this Thursday - subscribers (and possibly shops) may not get it until much before then, however, due to Christmas/New Year post/distribution issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts