Pana 42px80b

A

Anonymous

Except not happy days as it never arrived - Dixons contacted me yesterday to say that depite a delivery date of Thu there was no stock, payment had been returned to me and would I like to order something else? I did order something else, from another shop!

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a spoiler price to me to stop you buying from their competitors, they had no stock and hoped they could get you buy somthing else after they admited they didn't have the stock. I've had it done to me in the past
emotion-39.gif

Try www.digitaldirect.co.uk just upgraded my main tv from the 42px70 to the 42px80 for £599 delivered with a free 3year warranty
emotion-2.gif
! Great deal!

It was in stock, they delivered within a few working days, on a day of my choice, plus I had a bit of banter with the salesman and managed to haggle some discount off cables
emotion-21.gif

Sometimes a price can be to good to be true, always check on the phone first even if you order it online.

hope this helps other bargain hunters.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

I spotted that deal too but have never bought from digi direct, good to get a reccomendation for them as they are consistently cheap.

Dixons deal was frustrating but its all worked well in the end - I went with the 37" px80 instead as this suited my room/viewing distance better. £499 from comet, click and collect picked it up 2 hrs after ordering. Pretty happy with it so far, xbox 360 looks amazing on component cable, new V+ arrived without HDMI so waiting now one one being delivered.

I'm really glad I got the 37" instead of the 42", If I'm honest some SD content looks poorer from 7ft on the 37" than my old 28" TV did from same distance and I bet it would be even more noticeable on the 42", but I'm happy as will be watching HD and gaming in good quality and the room looks so much better with the flat panel than the big old crt. Good quality SD channels are acceptable and DVD looks good but I think a blu-ray could be in the pipelinen to take advantage (the xbox really does look that much better than before!)...

Dixons did me a favour!!

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
beardarooney:
Sounds like a spoiler price to me to stop you buying from their competitors, they had no stock and hoped they could get you buy somthing else after they admited they didn't have the stock. I've had it done to me in the past
emotion-39.gif

Try www.digitaldirect.co.uk just upgraded my main tv from the 42px70 to the 42px80 for £599 delivered with a free 3year warranty
emotion-2.gif
! Great deal!

It was in stock, they delivered within a few working days, on a day of my choice, plus I had a bit of banter with the salesman and managed to haggle some discount off cables
emotion-21.gif

Sometimes a price can be to good to be true, always check on the phone first even if you order it online.

hope this helps other bargain hunters.
emotion-15.gif

WOW you upgrade your tv's quick. I don't intnd to upgrade my px80 for at least 5 to 8 yrs unless it goe's up the creek of course!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts