Pairing a Bluesound POWERNODE with KEF speakers

TDB94

Jun 17, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole Hi-Fi world and I've set my sights on the new Bluesound POWERNODE. Now all that's left is to pair it with some nice speakers and i understand that i should be ready to go!

I really like the aesthetics of KEF's speakers and im struggling to choose between LS50 meta's and Q750/Q950. Ive read a bunch about the meta's in combination with the bluesound systems but not so much about the Qseries. Is it a good fit? I can get the Q950's for quite a bit less where I live and ive read that they really dont require a sub while the meta's sometimes do?

Please help a hifi noobie out!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the whole Hi-Fi world and I've set my sights on the new Bluesound POWERNODE. Now all that's left is to pair it with some nice speakers and i understand that i should be ready to go!

I really like the aesthetics of KEF's speakers and im struggling to choose between LS50 meta's and Q750/Q950. Ive read a bunch about the meta's in combination with the bluesound systems but not so much about the Qseries. Is it a good fit? I can get the Q950's for quite a bit less where I live and ive read that they really dont require a sub while the meta's sometimes do?

Please help a hifi noobie out!
Welcome to the forum,
You really need to decide which speakers will work best in your room first rather than what is powering them.

TDB94

Jun 17, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forum,
You really need to decide which speakers work best in your room first rather than what is powering them.
Thanks for the reply! How do I know what works best? I have a fairly spacious room of about 40m2 or i guess 430square feet? It is rectangular shaped however and has a high ceiling of about 3.20m or 9.8 feet.

The speakers will be about 4,5 meters/15ft from the ideal listening position. I dont know if you can actually do anything with this information.

I went to a hifi-store yesterday and they recommended me either KEF LS50 meta, Opera Prima or Monitor Audio Silver 200 but now i just looked up the Q950's and am really intrigued by them.

Thanks for the reply! How do I know what works best? I have a fairly spacious room of about 40m2 or i guess 430square feet? It is rectangular shaped however and has a high ceiling of about 3.20m or 9.8 feet.

The speakers will be about 4,5 meters/15ft from the ideal listening position. I dont know if you can actually do anything with this information.

I went to a hifi-store yesterday and they recommended me either KEF LS50 meta, Opera Prima or Monitor Audio Silver 200 but now i just looked up the Q950's and am really intrigued by them.
In a room of that size I really would be looking at floorstanding speakers.
They will fill it better and tend to be more efficient, which is good. Perhaps your good dealer might be prepared to loan you some to test in your own home, some do.
The Q950 look good and are available quite cheaply now however it is difficult to tell whether they would be right for your room and not overpower it with bass, only you can be the judge of that.
Along similar lines I would also suggest the Focal Aria 926, although they are somewhat more expensive.

Reactions: TDB94

AJM1981

can't go wrong with both the speakers and the amp as they are really well reviewed and generally receiving high scores.

These topics are a little difficult though. Everyone has its own taste in little sound signature difference. And often the room itself can also make a difference in what is best. Sometimes you want to tune down the bass, and in another room you can open more registers due to scale, ceiling height and minimal reverberation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts