Over Ripe??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the recent review of the Dali Lektor 2 in this months mag there is a quote which states "the only problem is that they sound over-ripe right next to a wall'.

Can someone please explain what is meant by 'over ripe' (assuming this is a new technical term?).

And also reading the blurb on the Dali site it would appear that these (and the Lektor 1s) were primarily design for shelf or wall mounting.

I would be putting these on atacama aurora stands and they would be be placed 10" from the back wall and about 12" from the side walls. Would the L2s be suitable for this position? I did email Dali direct in the week but have not heard back yet.

I am also assuming that these would be a good upgrade over the MA BR2. for not much more money.

Anyone care to comment thanks.

Tony

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I think they may mean a little boomy - too full in the upper bass, due to the rear wall reinforcing these frequencies.

Some might (he says trying desperately to go along with the analogy) say that the bass becomes squishy, like an over ripe plum. But then they may not - I haven't heard them so ought to get my coat really...

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
There is a lot of bass from the Lektor range and in the small cabinets that is a surprise. The whole range is excellent but the 1's and 2's really amaze at the price point.

With your Rotel you will be fine with the Lektor 2's on stands and will still get a deep and punchy sound in free space.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS