Outside speaker/s

adamm

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Morning all

would like some feedback on a airplay speaker or speakers choice please. When we are in the garden I need to turn my hifi up really loud to hear it. I have a denon airplay amp so air play is fine. Price between £200-£450 ish many thanks.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
your question is unclear.

Are you looking for outdoor speakers or outdoor speakers with built-in airplay?

If you already have an amp with airplay, it can receive airplay strweam and play it to a set (or two) of speakers. If the amp has speaker szone 2 or speakers B you can just get a pair of outdoor passive spaekrs and connect them to that zone 2 or B speaker output.

if you are looking for airplay outdoor speakers, then they only can be, as your airplay amp, an airplay receiver, not sender. i.e. you will not be able to send music to them via airplay from your amp (it has to be either from a computer with itunes or an idvice).

choice of airplay outdoor speaekers is very limited. there may be none. there are some portable airplay speakers that you can take outdoors temporarily (in fair weather).

most main speaker manufacturers make normal outdoor i.e. weather resistant speakers.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
your question is unclear.

Are you looking for outdoor speakers or outdoor speakers with built-in airplay?

If you already have an amp with airplay, it can receive airplay strweam and play it to a set (or two) of speakers. If the amp has speaker szone 2 or speakers B you can just get a pair of outdoor passive spaekrs and connect them to that zone 2 or B speaker output.

if you are looking for airplay outdoor speakers, then they only can be, as your airplay amp, an airplay receiver, not sender. i.e. you will not be able to send music to them via airplay from your amp (it has to be either from a computer with itunes or an idvice).

choice of airplay outdoor speaekers is very limited. there may be none. there are some portable airplay speakers that you can take outdoors temporarily (in fair weather).

most main speaker manufacturers make normal outdoor i.e. weather resistant speakers.

adamm

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Sorry wasn't very clear was in a rush.

Right when we have friends over and want to play music in the garden we have to turn up the music inside the house uncomfortably loud, so I'm looking at getting either a portable device or portable speaker. Like I said I have got airplay on my receiver, I store all of my music on my MacBook Pro & some on my iPad and iPhone. Definitely portable. Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts