optical v 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, Im awaiting delivery of a Pioneer BD 51, But having talked to my local Hi-Fi dealer, they said i would,nt hear any worthwhile gains using Analog 5.1 connections over a optical connection because im using a Arcam AVR 300 ? Is this true, as im a bit deflated, I was expecting to hear an improvment. Help !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Pioneer has onboard decoding for Dolby Digital HD and DTS-HD, yes? And multichannel analogue outputs? And the Arcam has multichannel inputs, so I really can't see what problem the retailer is envisaging, beyond the fact that you're not buying a new receiver, too...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, thought he had a problem ! as they can,t get hold of any pioneers ( the Pioneer rep said the 51 didn,t exist ) by the way is it difficult to set up BD 51 ? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:The Pioneer has onboard decoding for Dolby Digital HD and DTS-HD, yes? And multichannel analogue outputs? And the Arcam has multichannel inputs, so I really can't see what problem the retailer is envisaging, beyond the fact that you're not buying a new receiver, too...

Only DolbyTrueHD decording currently, and DTS-HD through a firmware upgrade in a few months if I recall correctly. Using the multichannel outputs from the Pioneer should (and will) sound better than optical.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts