Optical to USB converter? Help please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Firstly I'd like to say that I have done a google search and Forum search and couldn't find much on this subject.

I've just bought a new TV with an digital optical out. I also have a Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC which I want to hook up to the TV to send to my amp but the Fubar only has a USB (B) input. I am also streaming my music (mainly flacs) through a media server (LaCinema HD) to the TV and hopefully then into my amp that way.

Is there anything that can convert the optical signal into one that can be fed into my DAC or am I going to have to buy a new one? Failing that does anyone know if the DAC can possibly be upgraded to include a optical input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Red Dragon

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
teeter:
Firstly I'd like to say that I have done a google search and Forum search and couldn't find much on this subject.

I've just bought a new TV with an digital optical out. I also have a Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC which I want to hook up to the TV to send to my amp but the Fubar only has a USB (B) input. I am also streaming my music (mainly flacs) through a media server (LaCinema HD) to the TV and hopefully then into my amp that way.

Is there anything that can convert the optical signal into one that can be fed into my DAC or am I going to have to buy a new one? Failing that does anyone know if the DAC can possibly be upgraded to include a optical input?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

I bought a Terratec Aureon dual USB sound card plug-in device for my PC recently from Amazon that has an optical out at one end, USB input the other, and it works a treat sending a digital signal to my Cambridge AV amp for digital decoding of my iTunes files. Ity's very reasonably priced but so far I have had no issues with it !!

Hope that helps anyway Will.

TRENDING THREADS