Oppo UHD Player on the way

D

Deleted member 2457

Does it have Dolby Vision though? When is it being released? Come on we want answers!
regular_smile.gif

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems to me that it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to fit all the DACs / decoding chips on one board that could be upgraded from time to time. But given most high end CD, DVD and BD players use off the shelf transports from who knows where, and given the cases, part supplies, etc. probably cost relatively little as well, what would be the point?
Gotta love planned obsolescence...

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Seems to me that it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to fit all the DACs / decoding chips on one board that could be upgraded from time to time. But given most high end CD, DVD and BD players use off the shelf transports from who knows where, and given the cases, part supplies, etc. probably cost relatively little as well, what would be the point? Gotta love planned obsolescence...

In most products of this kind, the casework is one of the more expensive components, as it has to be tooled specifically rather than being available off the shelf.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Point taken. Unless it's some Samsung injection moulded looks like a 20 quid Argos special...

Even then the tooling for the moulding is probably one of the most expensive components of the unit.

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
No idea on price at the moment, but I believe they're aiming for release by the end of the year. That's all I have at the moment.
Cheers David. Nice Xmas present then.
regular_smile.gif

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi David,

Any idea if they are making it a "105", meaning it has the DAC, connectivity and processing capability? You sold me a 105EU a while back, and the other capabilities of it have broadened my system's horizons considerably. Not to mention that it allows my Tag McLaren kit to remain on the road. A "103" wouldn't have the same appeal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts