OPPO 95 Upgrade

A

Anonymous

Re-arrange this well known phrase or saying...

one every There's born minute

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Crazy money, no doubt. My initial reaction was to say 'if I had that money to spend on a BDP I'd get the Primare BD32 (£3500)'. Question tho, assuming large funds, is there more performance per pound with a BDP that starts at that price (say, only one company's proft margin to pay) or one that's upgraded (say, money not going on the fancy case) ??

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
BenLaw said:
Crazy money, no doubt. My initial reaction was to say 'if I had that money to spend on a BDP I'd get the Primare BD32 (£3500)'. Question tho, assuming large funds, is there more performance per pound with a BDP that starts at that price (say, only one company's proft margin to pay) or one that's upgraded (say, money not going on the fancy case) ??

TBH I am not against upgrading work. From my limited electronic knowledge I know that changing your audio board with audiophile opamps and high quality capacities or changing the master clock or DAC clock with a low jitter one can certainly improve the SQ of the unit. But I think people are just charging too much for the labour work. In RA's case if you can DIY the same I would think the material cost of the capacities and opamps is less than 50 quid.

As a matter of interest I have found one more US site on modding the OPPO 95. This one shows in more details of what to be modded and if you are an expert on electronics you may follow the same path and DIY youself:

http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_95_mods.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts