Oppo 205 4k Blu ray player available to pre-order for $1300 dollars in the US

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
If you're paying RRP, you need to find another dealer.
Where can you get a deal on the new Oppo's then? I got mine for £600 pre-ordered and didn't have to pay £650 but I struggled for finding a better deal. Never tried on the 205 though. Any tips? Cheers.

just shop about a bit*biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

ideal av said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
If you're paying RRP, you need to find another dealer.
Where can you get a deal on the new Oppo's then? I got mine for £600 pre-ordered and didn't have to pay £650 but I struggled for finding a better deal. Never tried on the 205 though. Any tips? Cheers.

just shop about a bit*biggrin*
Oooo. Thank you Al.
thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

What does the Pure Audio button do on the 203? Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Shuts off all video circuitry.
So you can just listen to a CD then I presume, is that right? Is it doing anything special with the sound e.g. Is the Oppo Audio doing it or is the Pioneer amp doing the Audio? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
It'll be Oppo doing the audio. The theory is that there will be no interference from video circuitry so audio quality will be better.
Cool. Is it just for CDs?

D

Deleted member 2457

I just put Guns N Roses - Greatest Hits CD on and pressed pure Audio, is that right? It sounds good, is it the amp or Oppo? Thanks

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Really high prices for new 205 bluray at audio affair

205 udp reference £2799
205 udp signature £3499

Who is really that stupid to.fall for that one?

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrewjvt said:
Really high prices for new 205 bluray at audio affair

205 udp reference £2799 205 udp signature £3499

Who is really that stupid to.fall for that one?
Not me.
regular_smile.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Depends on how you have the oppo and pioneer wired up.

If over hdmi you have improved the cd transport by enabling direct mode.

If you want hear the oppo exclusively your hard out of luck with a pioneer receiver as I am pretty sure even the analogue inputs go via the a/d converter

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys. Not sure what to say I have tried various combinations now and nothing seems to change the sound. I think I need more cables for the Oppo to go in the back to hear the sound probably. I think I will give up there. No point getting the 205 then if I can't even do this, and deals were short coming too.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
Cheers guys. Not sure what to say I have tried various combinations now and nothing seems to change the sound. I think I need more cables for the Oppo to go in the back to hear the sound probably. I think I will give up there. No point getting the 205 then if I can't even do this, and deals were short coming too.

That's correct, you need analogue audio cables going from the stereo L and R outputs from the Oppo into your Pioneer receiver (into CD in on the back of the Pioneer I think).

Then you select Pure audio direct or nearest equivalent to that on the Oppo and the Pioneer and switch the Pioneer to CD input mode.

Then you should hear the music via the analogues rather than HDMI and if it's like my Pioneer it sounds quite different!

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Splash out about 50 quid or so on some decent stereo interconnects from Chord or Audioquest or....

And maybe a fibre optic too. Then you can experiment with whether you prefer the DAC in your Oppo or the one in your AVR.

TRENDING THREADS