Opinions Please....

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I have a Pioneer PDP-428D and want to add a home cinema system. I am looking at an Onkyo TX-SR806 receiver and B&W MT-30 PV1 speakers. I have a budget of approx £2.5k and just wondered what else is out there that has comparable sounds quality, aesthetics and performance within the budget.

All opinions welcomed.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Arcam Muso, Monitor Radius HD (and older standard Radius if you can still find them), Focal Dome, Orbs, Kef 3005SE/5005.2. In the end, if the choice comes down to style, only you know your taste. Small speakers need a good sub, which has to work hard to cover the low frequencies. Larger speakers will more than compete with the smaller lifestyle systems especially with music. The Focal Domes are meant to sound pretty special and look the biz too. Are you looking for a small speaker system or are you open to larger suggestions?

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'm more into the actual sound quality and aesthetics than the size, although saying that the Wife is not too keen on large furniture speakers.

I'm a bit of a novice in all this.

A

Anonymous

I can recommend the Pioneer VSX LX51 and the KEF 3005se. You could upgrade the amp on your budget too.

TRENDING THREADS