Opinions on PMC DB1i vs Neat, Monitor Audio

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
You have quite good speaker's and if you what an upgrade I think the atc scm11 would be a great choice. These have a very open and transparent sound should be a good match for your amp.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Itsik Hefez said:
Hi all, I'm currently alternating between Neat Motive 3 and Monitor Audio GX50 speakers with a Creek 5350SE int. amp. Does anyone have experience with either of these against the PMC DB1i ? It is for near-field listening setup. Thanks!

I am quite biased but the little PMC DB1i is one of the best small speakers I have ever heard.

Driven by a good powerful amp ( which you have in the Creek ) they can deliver life like music with incredible dynamic range and overall musical scale but retain separation and detail at the same time, as for undistorted lower frequencies no other speaker that size comes close imo. *smile*

Listen to the others but in my opinion the little PMC's will probably win the contest.

I'm a big PMC fanboy, but also like the newer MAs. It'll boil down to which presentation does it for you.

When I had the Creek Evo2 on home dem I had MA RS6s. That's a really impressive combo -- I can also imagine PMCs being another wonderful match.

TBH, my first port of call would be Epos. They were designed to work with Creek.

I think you'll need to dem

The Neat's and MA are very good speakers in general, but my setup is not conventional and I think I am not getting the most out of them. They are placed on a desk with isoAcoustics stands. Between the two though, I prefer the signature of the Neat, as the MA is a bit laid back to my liking (I think the Gold has a different signature than the rest of the MA line)

I was asking in this regarding if the PMC (and the ATC suggested) should work better in my setup. Another option is to go to active monitors route

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
The best out there at the price, and great for close listening.

Mind you, I'd keep the Neats and use them for a different room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts