admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there guys.

I am thinking of buying the following system:

- Blu-ray Transport Denon 2500BT

- Yamaha AX863SE amp

- B&W 865 Theater (with ASW610 sub)

My main problem is that I live in Portugal and that amp from Yamaha is not available here. I could probably get it delivered to Portugal by DHL or something, but was also thinking about the Yamaha RX-V1900 which is a bit more expensive. Do you think it pairs ok with the B&W speakers? Before reading the What Hifi reviews I was thinking about getting a Denon, probably the AVR2309. But not sure it would suit those speakers.

I got a Pioneer Kuro 500A a couple of weeks ago, and it was the first item I got for my Homecinema. I believe the Denon 2500BT is a suitable Blu-ray for this set. Can't really afford the more expensive 3800. So I would also like to know if those amps, Yamaha and Denon are any good to use with that Blu-ray and speakers package. My main focus will be watching films, but I also want a capable system for music listening. I was going for the KEF KHT3005SE but decided to go B&W because also want to have some nice quality listening to music.

Thanks in advance for any responses :) This Forum has helped me a lot in deciding what components to buy, but I decided to ask some opinions regarding this system directly.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sound like you're building a superb system!

The AX863SE is coming to the end of its life, but the next-step up Yamaha RX-V1900 would be an excellent choice for that set-up - it'll drive the B&Ws harder with movies, and be a little more musical than its cheaper brother.

Just don't expect miracles on the music front - while the Denon and Yamaha are excellent AV products, you'll only get the musical performance you would from budget hi-fi separates. However, choosing the B&Ws will aid musicality considerably over the style-speaker alternative at that price.

Don't forget, by the way, to budget for decent stands....

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare :)

I will probably go for the Yamaha RX-V1900 then unless you think the Denon would be better?

Regarding music; I will probably buy a dedicated cd player and amplifier in the future.

I will buy some proper stands, hopefully can find Atacama stands locally. Will also spend some money on cables since it will probably make a difference. What do you think about Profigold cables (specially HDMI)? They are quite expensive, but not sure if they are any good.

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS