OOOOOOOooooooooooooooh! (Sonos Android Controller!!!!)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene:Veeerrrryyyy iiinnnttteeerreesssting!

Suppose it was only a matter of time...

Well, yes, given they hired Android developers sometime early last year! Still not quick enough for some, given all the griping going on from Android owners, I expect they still won't be happy now, for whatever reason.

Interesting snippet I picked up from the Sonos forum a few weeks ago, now that Windows 7 mobiles are available there are the expected calls for a Windows 7 mobile controller from Sonos but it appears due to a limitation in the Windows 7 mobile OS this is impossible to implement without having an additional web server running on a PC on the same network, which would be a serious drawback.

scene

the_lhc:scene:Veeerrrryyyy iiinnnttteeerreesssting!

Suppose it was only a matter of time...

Well, yes, given they hired Android developers sometime early last year! Still not quick enough for some, given all the griping going on from Android owners, I expect they still won't be happy now, for whatever reason.

Interesting snippet I picked up from the Sonos forum a few weeks ago, now that Windows 7 mobiles are available there are the expected calls for a Windows 7 mobile controller from Sonos but it appears due to a limitation in the Windows 7 mobile OS this is impossible to implement without having an additional web server running on a PC on the same network, which would be a serious drawback.
That's just Windows all over for you
emotion-5.gif

I assume if the TouchPad takes off, we'll get a WebOS controller in 2013...

A

Anonymous

having recently decided on android instead of apple's iThings, i'm pretty happy about this too. Just saved me the cost of a CR200 :)

A

Anonymous

Yay!... Now which controller should I get??...Smartphone or tablet? Nothing's simple these days...

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts