onyo-906-5.1-7.1

mgillespie05

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
hello guys and gals, i have a onyo 906 and love it to bits but im a bit miffed,i have my system set up in 7.1 confric as set in the manual but when i listen to 5.1 be it blue-ray sky-hd the 5.1comes from the middle speakers not the rears and i just dont get the logic. when in 5.1 the rears sould perform and in 7.1 the middle would join in not the outher way around ,not every one can sit dead centre .

have i missed somthing ?

A

Anonymous

I have exactly the same thing with my 607. I've looked through every setting and the manual and can't see why this is happening.

I would prefer the rears as my sides are, well, on the side and I think the sound stage is ruined.

Any help would be appreciated :)

A

Anonymous

Why not use one of the surround modes on offer that can matrix a 5.1 input into a 7.1 output? That way you have all your speakers working.

A

Anonymous

You should check your connections, sounds like you could have the surround and surround back speakers connected the wrong way round

A

Anonymous

mgillespie05
You are not missing anything it,s very logical and it,s exaclty working the way it should! the thing is that those middle speakers u are talking about , they are not ment to be your middle speakers there,s no such thing as that , those are your side-surround speakers in a 7.1 system ,and they should be placed on side wall's with the speakers facing toward your ears or a couple of inch's behaind the ears for optimal result.

Just to piont it out, A 5.1 multichannel track it,s consisted of: L. FRONT/ CENTER / R. FRONT/ L. SIDE-SURROUND/ R. SIDE-SURROUND/ SUB.

But many people have been using them as Rear/Back surround channel in a 5.1 system ,and that by placing them behind the listner.

7.1 multichannel track it add 2 extra channel L. BACK-SURROUND & R. BACK-SURROUND

With today technology in amp. u can easly upconvert a 5.1 track to 7.1 it,s all there if u want! but personaly speaking i never liked the upconverting thing.

Goodluck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts