onkyo tx-sr606 vs arcam alpha 9

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
whaen i move into my new house i will not have room for two sets of stands i have both amps the onkyo with a set of kefs and the arcam with a pair of rogers ls55 florr standing speakers is the onkyo a good a sound as the arcam which will be fed from marantz cd transport via music fidelity x-dac so i can use the rogers for front speakers and the spare kefs for 7.1 any advice would be grateful

david

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hate to tell you this.........but, no chance!!

The Onkyo 606 (I have one too) is renowned to be poor with stereo 2 channel playback. Buy a Sony 2400ES as a good compromise between 2 channel and home cinema......

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
ddtwelve:whaen i move into my new house i will not have room for two sets of stands i have both amps the onkyo with a set of kefs and the arcam with a pair of rogers ls55 florr standing speakers is the onkyo a good a sound as the arcam which will be fed from marantz cd transport via music fidelity x-dac so i can use the rogers for front speakers and the spare kefs for 7.1 any advice would be grateful david

I think your Arcam amp with blow the 606 away in stereo mode so if your Onkyo has front pre-outs why not use these to feed your Arcam and then try your Rogers speakers as the front speakers for your hifi and surround system. If they don't work with your Kef centre speaker then try your Kef speakers with your Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts