Onkyo TX-SR605 Cheap in the US??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was just looking at the B&H website, and noticed that the Onkyo AV receivers are pretty cheap (especially with the current exchange rate). The TX-SR605 comes out at $573.15 including delivery (2-3 days via UPS), that equates to approx £290.99...!
emotion-1.gif
Many of the other home cinema products also seem very cheap, so may be worth a look.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart&A=details&Q=&sku=484691&is=REG

Am I missing something here, as it sounds to good to be true? Would I be charged import tax or some other charge?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you will be charged around 22% VAT and duty, plus whatever charge UPS makes for administering the collection of those taxes and duties. So that brings it up to £355 plus that admin charge.

You'll also need a step-down transformer, as it will work on US voltages, which may have unpredictable effects on the sound. Let's say another £50 or so for a good one, so that's £405.

The tuning could well be different on the US and UK versions.

And if it goes wrong you'll probably have to ship it back to the States for repair.

With companies offering it online for £350-£380 - I just Googled it - hardly seems worth it, does it?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, I guess it looks like a far better idea to get it from the UK.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gerrardsnails, that seems to be a very good deal. Just may get me one of those...
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts