Onkyo TX-SR505E and Sony BDP-S790 connection problems

AVNoob2014

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone - having a bit of a nightmare with this one.....

I decided to use Sony's dual HDMI out on the player. I came out of HDMI 1 (Video) Port to my Philips TV and out of HDMI 2 (Audio) to the 'HDMI IN 1' at the back of my receiver. I then went to the settings menu on the Player and turned off the option that mixes the audio and video together for a single cable output....

Result is : I have a great picture on my tv but not a sound coming out of the amp - I think I've assigned the HDMI on the amp but its soooo confusing to set up - I'm sure I'm missing something.........any ideas people ??

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have an Onkyo 905 and a Pansonic DMR BW720 and a Sony 760. You need to look on Page 33 of your manual it says

Audio (HDMI) Auto: Normally select this. Outputs audio signals according to the status of the connected HDMI device.
BD Audio MIX Setting Off: Outputs the primary audio only.Select this to output HD audio signals to an AV amplifier (receiver).Dolby Digital / DTS Bitstream: Select this when connecting an audio device with a built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder
I hope this helps

Chris

AVNoob2014

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Chris

Yeah....this is how I had things set up on the player....

Maybe I have something not set right on the amp ? I read somewhere some guy was having similar problems with his Onkyo amp and a Sony 790 - also in dual output mode. He mentioned as the amp wasnt getting any video signal it wouldn't process the audio. Not sure on this one but I suppose it could be true....

Anyway he changed a setting on his amp's OSD and solved the problem - my problem is my amp doesn't have OSD menus and I cant find anything in the instructions...

Onkyo Manual link :

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/downloads/1/4/7/0/3/TX-SR505_Eng.pdf///

Thanks

Paul

F

FunkyMonkey

Personally, I would get the best full size speakers you can get for your budget.
If not sure, go for ones with good review and looks that fit your taste.
I'm a Tannoy man, so I would obviously recommend those.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts