Onkyo TX-SR505 or Onkyo TX-SR605

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Ha ha what happened to your Amp then? My Amp got sent to the wrong place frst then it finally arrived and someone nicked my speakers off the back of the delivery truck and now I can't get hold of them anywhere. I havent even plugged the amp in yet its just sat there looking big and ugly

A

Anonymous

Which speaker cable did you go for in the end? You mentioned QED, but not which one.

When I moved into my new house in Jan this year, I bought QED SA XT with banana plugs on both ends, and they are still waiting to have speakers attached to them.

I did read on another forum that the Jamo's will struggle to take the SAXT cable as an input, never mind the banana plugs. Does anyone know which small speaker family will take a banana plug (new Kefs 1005.2s look like maybes) or can anyone please put me right, if I have been wrongly advised?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

As I am thinking of going the same way --- where was the deal for the Jamo A102 HCS5 AV and is the Q Acoustics 1010 a better speaker set ?? Advice appreciated.

A

Anonymous

As per my previous posts I am desperate to get the jamo A102HCS5 speakers in time for xmas as I have eveything else but nothing to hear it on, does anyone know anywhere that has stock of these? I have phoned around but no joy and now being told mid Jan. If not I need an alternative possibly the Kef 1005? I need a small style speaker but I only have a budget up to £400 max as I have purchased a PS3, SR-605 and cables already. Cheers

Juzzie Wuzzie

Chuffe - if you are truly at a push, and are in London, you can buy mine (brand new) for whatever I paid for them - which is think was £215 or something. They are in silver. Can even through in the free 15m of speaker cable that came with it, some SAXT (3m) and some other QED cable (probably 2m) worth that the g/f would be happy is out of the house. Not trying to pull a fast one, just trying to be helpful.

A

Anonymous

Hi Juzzie, Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that as I'm in kent or even pay for them to be sent via parcel force. What happened to your home cinema plans?

A

Anonymous

To be honest I think I have alot on till xmas now so I think I will do what you are doing and wait till the sales and try and get a set of KEF's or something, thanks for your offer and advice, have a great christmas

A

Anonymous

I can get the KEF KHT-2005.2 online for £400 including delivery, This seems a good price to me (correct me if I am wrong), but I noticed they were reviewed two years ago, so my questions are: Are they still worth 5 stars? do they beat the Jamo speakers mentioned in this post? and do they come with wall brackets? (I know the 1005 dont)

I was going to wait for the sales but staring at the amp with no speakers is annoying me and I cannot wait

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts