Onkyo TX SR 606

Richmond

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my Onkyo for just 2 years now. Its stoped picking up sound or picture / from tv or Blue ray player. ive tried re setting / tuning, but its not even picking up the menu screen, depite the AMP coming on.

Any one experianced same or any ideas?

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you connecting via HDMI??? Its a known problem with capacitors burning out on the hdmi board.

As it is a design fault get on to Onkyo to replace the board for you, though I hear there customer service is not great.

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Richmond,

i have an Onkyo 905 and my HDMI board was replaced under warranty. Their service was very good and Genserve updated the firmware as well!

Good luck

Chris

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You don't need a extended warranty its a manufactured defect so get them to change it for free. You might have to pay p&p though.

ashton1

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
I also have the same issue, mine has only affected the game setting so far, but have also since lost the onscreen display. Which has really annoyed me! Was thinking of upgrading to the 608 or even the 808, but now have second thoughts for fear of the same thing happening again.

Since I cannot find my receipt does anyone know if this will cause issues when contacting Onkyo to try and get the issue sorted? Mine is also around 2yrs old.

A

Anonymous

Better get a new amp. My 606 had a quote of £234.00 to the hdmi board for repairs. I bought the Sony 2400es - very happy.

A

Anonymous

I was under the impression the Onkyo products have a 2yr warranty as standard ??
When I got my 606 it certainly came with a 2yr manufacturers warranty, as yours is 2 yrs old i'd give them a ring before you do anything else.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

jiggyjoe:

get on to Onkyo to replace the board for you, though I hear there customer service is not great.

Understatement of the year and don't get me started about Genserve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts