Onkyo TX-NR616 or TX-NR609

Abbo1976

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking at getting a new A/V receiver, and had narrowed down to the Onkyo TX-NR609.

With the new receivers coming out, am wondering to stick with this or go for the TX-NR616?

What extra am I going to get for going for the 616?

A

Anonymous

READ OTHER REVIEWS BEFORE YOU BUY THIS I WISH I DID!!! I had just bought a new 60" Samsung 3D 7000, Samsung 3D blueray and had an old Onkyo I loved for the sound. The old Onkyo just didn't have the punch so I bought the Onkyo TX NR 616 because the last Onkyo I had worked flawlessly for 15 years. I loved my old one and figured the new one would be the same, boy was I wrong... At first I couldn't get it to work at all so thinking that times had changed and I was out of date I actually hired a guy who was a PRO with 27 years experience installing home systems. That's when I got the news from him that their were problems with the new Onkyos. After he left it worked fine for 1 day and I had the HDMI thing start to happen and voices wouldn't match the brand new Blueray. I tried all the setting to get it to match and it wouldn't. He came back out and reset the system and it worked that night but the next day the same thing happened. I took that one back and got a new one and called the Onkyo support team on the phone for 1 and a half hours and we finally got it running. But the next morning it wouldn't work so I called the support team again waited 40min to talk to someone, spent over an hour on the phone and tried getting the July 2012 firmware installed but it wouldn't take it and they finally told me to take it back and get another. They suggested getting a new one and before I set it up do the firmware update so back to the store I went for my third one. Guess what, the same thing happened and I called Onkyo again and after 1 hour and 30 min of waiting and not being able to get someone on the phone I finally gave up. I bought a Yamaha Aventage and set it up in minutes. It sounds awesome love the features and have had absolutley no problems with it. Onkyo was a huge disappointment and their support team suck!
MD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts