Onkyo TX-NR609 with B&W 685 theater speakers with ASW610 subwoofer or Monitor Audio BR5, BR2, BR-LCR and BR-W10 ???

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Kindly I need someone's advice about which speakers to pair with Onkyo TX-NR609.

Should I go with B&W 685 theater speakers with ASW610 subwoofer or Monitor Audio BR5, BR2, BR-LCR and BR-W10 ???

I Live in Amman Jordan.. there is no way on earth i can listen to demo of the 2 setups :(((

Room size is 6.7 meter x 4.5 meter...

I'm kind of a perfectionest....

Cheers :)

A

Anonymous

Even though I am a big MA fan, out of the two set ups I think the B&W's would be head and shoulders above the BR range. My only suggestion would be to consider an AVR in the next price/performance bracket if you can, as I doubt the 609 (although it's a great machine) will do the 685s justice.

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
markjaspi said:
Even though I am a big MA fan, out of the two set ups I think the B&W's would be head and shoulders above the BR range. My only suggestion would be to consider an AVR in the next price/performance bracket if you can, as I doubt the 609 (although it's a great machine) will do the 685s justice.

Unfortunatly I cannot get my hands on a better deal. Well the Onkyo 609 delivers 100 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms... and B&W 685 handles power from to 25W - 100W into 8 ohms.....

Will the B&W 685 theater sound better than the MA???.... Although the BR5 can handle more power and they are way bigger...

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
should I take into consideration the 709 and 809? or you mean AVs from other manfuacturer to suite the B&W???

will this make a big sound details difference???

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Many people comment that the BRW10 was a bit of weak link. Myself I found the BRLCR not really up to the rest of the BR range.

Is the newer Monitor Audio BX range an option ? Maybe to save a bit you could use the BR1 or BX1 for rears rather than the 2s.

Never heard the 685s, but being a B&W fan they might be a safer bet.

There is a forum member who has the BR range but uses the BX CENTER, hopefully he can help you out.

Paul.

I demoed the br5 and the 685, and much preferred the br5 due to it's better bass.

What Richard said about the BR sub is correct, the REL I ended up with was much better. I would also say the br2 is too big a speaker for the rear, go with the br1 unless your room is enormous.

I have the bx centre, which is great, but have never tested it against a BR centre as I couldn't find one.

OK

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
thank you guys :) for your replies....

my mistakes the speakers is not BR series they are all BX series.

the MA speakers are going to cost me like (BX5,BX2,BX center,and BXW10) = 1300 pounds

the B&W speakers are going to cost (685,686,HTM62,and ASW610) = 1450 pounds

I've heard that the MA are great speakers yet it's not that great with a bit low quality AV sources ???

need some advice about the AV receiver....

I mean which amplifier to better pair these speakers with..

I'm considering the Onkyo 709 now

thank you so much :D

Cheeers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts