ONKYO TX-NR609 HDMI Handshake problem?

Andy D

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks-

Watching Blu-Rays over the past couple of Weeks from Sony BDP-S370 via Onkyo Amp to Panasonic TX-P50X20 all connected with QED HDMI's, & picture goes to blank screen for about 10 seconds then returns 2-3 times during a film (sound not altered from Amp though)..

Just wondering if anyone else had suffered the same problem or whether there's a workaround....? I downloaded the latest firmware update for both Player & Amp last Week from the net just in case, but no joy...

I had an Onkyo SR605 in the living room before with no problems (connected to the same Blu-Ray player & TV).

Any help or advice much appreciated, as it's driving me nuts & I'm almost waiting for it to happen!

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I experienced a similar problem this weekend with my Sony 760 and my Onkyo 905 when playing Transformers (2) Revenge of the Fallen blueray. I was losing picture and sound checked all my QED HDMIs finally it dawned on me maybe there was a firmware update for the Sony 760. Once the 760 was updated problem solved! :rofl:

Is it happening only to recent releases or to all ages of blueray? Could your Pansonic tv and and the Onkyo both have HDMI control switched on and they are interfering with each other?

I would certainly see if there was an update for the Sony 370. Have you changed any settings recently?

Best Wishes

Chris

Andy D

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chris-

Thanx for the reply...

Updated firmware on Onkyo & Sony Blu-Ray last Week, but changed setting on Onkyo Amp to "Direct" under picture settings which seems to have cured it (it was dropping frames too but this also seems to have stopped after altering the setting)..

Will report again if probs still there, but think it's done....

Thanx again for the help

Andy D:clap:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts