Onkyo N775 vs Denon DM41

singhmrp

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've just read about the Onkyo N775 - http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/cr-n775d-146574.html - on the sheets it looks like it can handle playback of anything - Chromecast built in, Spotify, MQA, all the way to Airplay.

However I can't see any reviews - is WHF planning anything?

I'm after a system with a CD player, Spotify Connect, Chromecast (to play from mixcloud, soundcloud) and Airplay (for playback from laptop). So my options are (within a 500gbp budget)
- Denon DM41 + an Airport Express and Chromecast.
- Onkyo N775

Anyone else had any experience of the Onkyo N775.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Add the ubiquitous Marantz unit to your list, everything bar built in CCA but that is easily remedied, readily available for around £300 (in the uk).

Matched with suitable speakers, the sound quality is better than you have any right to expect for the money.

A proper pre-amp out allows an upgrade path which is very rare in such units.

singhmrp

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Would you say a huge difference from the Denon DM41 ?

As it's close to double the price.

p.s. I presume you mean the Marantz MCR611

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
singhmrp said:
Would you say a huge difference from the Denon DM41 ?

As it's close to double the price.

p.s. I presume you mean the Marantz MCR611

I am not really familier with these kinds of units. I am going on a bit of experience and a lot on word of mouth here. The MCR611 has a good reputation, even among serious enthusiasts, when I have used it It seems to perform pretty well, particularly for the cost.

In the uk the MCR611 can be had under £300, so not a huge amount more than the Denon, but the prices might be different in your particular market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts