Onkyo CS-325

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but have come here for some expert advice. I'm looking at possibly buying the Onkyo CS-325 system as its well priced as I'm looking for an ipod dock as well. My only concern is the lighweight speakers that come suplied with the unit. Could anyone recommend a decent pair of bookshelf speakers that will deliver a decent sound that the cs-325 amp could drive. I do like a bit of bass with my music and I guess they would need to be front ported as they will be positioned fairly close to the wall. Would a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1 customs be ok or am I being a bit to ambitious?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Are there any other speakers that would be a decent upgrade?

A

Anonymous

Budget is about £300-350. Yes was realy looking for small unit due to space. I need an ipod dock also. Was also contemplating the denon DM 37dab but this means buying seperate dock.

A

Anonymous

If you want bookshelf speakers, meaning to use on a bookshelf, then it seems from user views the tannoy F1's are not ideal as they need a little space around them, thus would want stand mounting away from the wall.

Perhaps a better speaker with more flexible positioning (works on stands or bookshelf) would be the monitor audio br1, which sevenoaks has on sale for only £119 - a bargain me thinks.

Could also consider the other speakers the CS325 is packaged with, I think they are the D-N7Tx (but the iPod connection is taken out of this package).

The CS525 is available for £223-233 with D-525 speakers which sound quite nice.

With the denon dm37 being available for £168-£178, and the BR1's for £119, then your potential max £350 budget could have £63 for the ipod dock. But, the CS325 and CS525 (when tested in Currys with the std supplied speakers) sounded much better than the DM37, and currys is more likely a better match for how most purchasers would listen/setup a mini system, than say a hifi shop demo room using near perfect scenario. The CS325 has been in £135-£145 range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts