Onkyo 905

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
I am wondering about the review of the new Onkyo flagship receiver the 905 in the march issue. I think it doesn't worth 5 stars. Since you say it is the same as 875 but with networking capabilities that aren't so good (no wifi and no station recognition) then what is the point to spent more than £400 more? You may as well buy a 875 and a PS3 for less. Then you will have wifi networking, a blue ray drive, gaming, 40GB hard drive and so much more for more than £100 less

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And a better power supply than the 875, using a very hefty toroidal transformer, and an extra HDMI output. If that, plus the network capability, is worth it to you, then you'll agree with us; if not, then clearly not.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
using a very hefty toroidal transformer,

[/quote]

You're not wrong about that. Put me back out lugging it around.

yiannis550

Jul 14, 2007
Visit site
Oh then the networking features is not the only difference. Yes I suppose 2 HDMI outputs is usefull for people with two output devices. And i forgot about the power supply. I think this was not mentioned on the magazine (I not at home now to check), but I read about it on other websites. Ok then I give it 5 stars too :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="VoodooDoctor"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]

using a very hefty toroidal transformer,

[/quote]

You're not wrong about that. Put me back out lugging it around.[/quote]

Yup, it's heavy alright, I had to carry it to my car which was about 200m away..

I still don't know how I made it...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="wppvos"]Yup, it's heavy alright, I had to carry it to my car which was about 200m away..
I still don't know how I made it...[/quote]

And... clear!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts