onkyo 905 does it run hot

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I am looking to purchase an onkyo 905 amp and am concerned if it runs hot as reviews on the 875 mention it runs very hot so can not be placed in a cabinet. Does anyone know if the 905 suffers from same problem.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:It does more than the 875, and has more power than the 875. I'd guess it runs as hot, if not hotter.
yes bloody hot but my 875 has lived in a cab for a year now without any issues

A

Anonymous

Not had any issues with it turning it self off. I was planning on putting it in a spectral enclosed cabinet so ther is not really any air flow over it except at the back. In local shop I am being reccommended the pioneer equivilant but no coincidence that he does not sell the onkyo.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
garethwd:yes bloody hot but my 875 has lived in a cab for a year now without any issues

I 'ad that Onkyo 875 in the back of my cab the other day. Sarfa the river, guv, this time of night? You're 'avin a laugh, right? Tell you what, though - that Jon Gaunt talks a lot of sense, etc..

It's a big, powerful receiver - it generates heat. It's simple physics, and unless you opt for something like digital amplification, it's always going to be a fact of life...

A

Anonymous

I can't comment on whether it'll handle being in the back of a cab, but I can say it runs pretty warm. :D

I have mine on completely open Atacama rack though, so no issues for me.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I would be wary of placing it in an enclosed rack.

My A/V stand has sliding glass doors, this allows me to have the Onk in open air when in use. A couple of times my Wife has slid the door in front of the Onk while we're using it. I've slid it back after 20 minutes or so, to be greeted with a waft of hot air not unsimilar to when the plane door opens when you've landed in the Canaries!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:to be greeted with a waft of hot air not unsimilar to when the plane door opens when you've landed in the Canaries!

But think of all the money you'll save on holidays

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Big Chris:to be greeted with a waft of hot air not unsimilar to when the plane door opens when you've landed in the Canaries!

But think of all the money you'll save on holidays

You're right. I'll just stick a photo of the beach at Lanzarote on top of the Onk.

:)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts