admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
have been advised to purchase this model ( 876 ) best price found so far is 599 is this a good price ?

i see that the 806 being talked about is this newer ?

are there any issues with this amp like overheating or cable run lengths ? any help much appreciated as my old amp has quit

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I paid £700 only a couple of weeks ago (actually paid £800 the day before it dropped to £700 but managed to get the difference back), so that sounds like a bargain to me.

The 806 is the model below the 876 - they came out at the same time as far as I know.

Overheating is a known issue if therre is not adequate ventilation - from what I've read on other threads they do not like enclosed spaces! I have an open rack so this is not an issue for me, but it certainly runs very warm to say the least.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks Margetti

The point i made to the dealer that it will be confined on either side and something below , but says there will be no problem ?? how are you getting on with yours is it the 876 or 806 ? does it do all that you need

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i had an 875 that went pop - they replaced it with an 876 touch wood no issues - they do get hot on the top at the back but as long as plenty of ventilation above should not be a problem - its a great piece of kit and def better than the 806 if you want the image processing otherwise just get the 806 - i have mine upscaling everything and its good to allow the adjustment of colour brightness ect across all inputs especially when connected a projector as i do have them altered between each source so no messing once started and can just enjoy the movie

A

Anonymous

thanks matengawhat

my old amp only had s video and comp inputs, so im a little behind the times am i correct in thinking that you can put s video in and get hdmi out ?also that i can upscale as well at the same time . is there anything that the 876 cant do that may be of any help to me just want to make sure im up to date with anything .

Is there any other amps i should think of

many thanks

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Thats a great price for an 876. Regarding the heat the Onkyo range do get hot so it would be wise to have ventilation at the top and the back if you can. As for alternatives there is nothing I can think of that price that would beat it, the Marantz SR6003 would be a good competitor though. It would depend on room size, speakers and what you listen to that would swing it either way.

Nick

A

Anonymous

someone did say that it has a problem with sending signals over a distance you get blueing of the screen whatever that is ?

If i knew how to attach a photo i could show all where its going its a bit tight ?

in short i would like 2 hdmi outs and upscaling , also lead conversion is that called ( up sampling )if i can spend less id be happy

thanks for the replies

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I think everyone has answered everthing I can answer... I have to say I am over the moon with mine (an 876 btw), although I did upgrade from a Yamaha DSP-E800 which I bought 2nd hand on ebay about 5 years ago so I'd have been extremely disappointed if I wasn't blown away!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Margetti

Does the upscaler work well with sd pictures ?

also does it convert lead inputs as well ?

many thanks

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
The only upscaling I've got the 876 doing is from my V+ box, which to my eyes has improved it slightly on the main channels (was always pretty good) and noticeably on the lesser channels. For DVD's I use the PS3's upscaler and haven't gotten around to having a play and comparing the PS3/Onkyo upscaling (mainly because I've read that not much beats the PS3 - if anyone says otherwise I will make the effort to test!)

My understanding is that it upscales anything you throw at it... others here could clarify that better than me as I only have HDMI inputs in use.ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i don't have anything thats svideo to confirm - can confirm it upscales the wii which is component and outputs via hdmi so wouldn't see why not. i only use mine for hc so can't comment on stereo performance - i have 5 sources and both tv and projector out and not fazed it yet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts