Onkyo 805 and Toshiba EP30; Dolby digital plus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Hoping that someone can help me out here. I just bought a EP30, and I cant get it to display dolby digital plus or just dolby digital for that matter on the amplifier, only multichannel( I am using HDMI). I have updated the player, but it didnt help. I have as now only tried Bourne supremacy, but it should have DD plus, it sayes so on the cover. Im running a 5.1 speaker system.

Thx

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The EP30 decodes sound formats before they leave the player - the amp doesn't know it's Dolby Digital Plus as it has already been decoded by the player, so just displays Multichannel. Don't worry though, you are getting the correct sound format.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The EP35 (as an example) is able to either decode the sound or send it out "bitstream" i.e. in its native form. In this case, the amp receives the still decoded signal, and then decodes it. Because in this case it knows what the signal is, it can display "Dolby Digital Plus" or "Dolby TrueHD" or whatever it is. The EP30 can only decode onboard, not send via bitstream so you don't have this option.

As I say, don't worry about it as, even though your amp isn't displaying what the signal is, you're still getting the same sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts