onkyo 607 and 7.1 but no 7.1 content

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im new to all of this. I have a 7.1 setup but none of my blu rays have 7.1. I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people could tell me if I can use the dolby plii x on a true hd 5.1 soundtrack to get 7.1 or would i just end up with standard dolby in 7.1. It just seems like a waste of money on the extra two speakers.

any help would be greatly apreatiated

A

Anonymous

There are very few 7.1 encoded releases around. You can use the Onks processing skills to create 7.1 from a 5.1 track but that's not quite the same as having a 7.1 sound track available on the disc....

This is why most people have stuck with 5.1 speaker systems. I use the extra amp channels to bi-amp my front speakers.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The PLiix processing will work fine with DTS Master or Dolby Tru HD to send sound to your rear channels. Although you will only find a few BD discs with 7.1 sound, you may find that the extra two speakers give you a bit more ambience with 5.1 material. Although some people think it's a waste of time, I like the effect I get with my system. I think it probably depends on your listening position/room layout and acoustics.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
this is what i find most disapointing about bluray ive gone to the trouble of buying all the hd gear extra speakers cable no to mention the amp and what do i get out of my 75 blurays 2 with 7.1 ,run fat boy run and i cant remember the other not. really worth the extra outlay really.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
nodnarb4444:this is what i find most disapointing about bluray ive gone to the trouble of buying all the hd gear extra speakers cable no to mention the amp and what do i get out of my 75 blurays 2 with 7.1 ,run fat boy run and i cant remember the other not. really worth the extra outlay really.the golden compass

A

Anonymous

thanks all for your input. i'll give the prologic a try. Im glad the extra speakers wont just be sitting in the back of the room iritating the misus. thanks nodnarb4444, the golden compass is something iv been meaning to watch. as for run fatboy run in 7.1 it seems like a bit of a waste of time in a comedy film (not that its a terrible film) just something that seems better suited to say die hard 4 or black hawk down bt who am i to argue with the movie making process lol

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Here is a little list for you of uk blurays that carry 7.1 sound that i know of but also consider importing if 7.1 is important as i have found and ordered the likes of Pans Labyrinth and Be Kind Rewind from the US which comes with a 7.1 soundtrack when the UK disc is just 5.1, just beware what you are buying and make sure it will work on a UK player. The likes of movietyme.com will state if the disc will work on a UK player and often guarantee it and as i am rapidly finding out there are more 7.1 discs available from the US than are available here in the UK.

Shoot Em Up - 7.1 DTS-HD

Hellboy 2 - 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

3:10 to Yuma - 7.1 PCM

Oldboy - 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

The Spirit - 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

Also consider these 2 titles which don't carry 7.1 but 6.1 or EX

Wall.E - 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (i think will check my disc)

Ratatouille - 5.1 EX soundtrack

Hope this helps!!!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
'Forgotten Kingdom' (I think that's what it's called, could be 'Forbidden Kingdom', (it has Jackie Chan in it)) has a 7.1 soundtrack.

Also. 'The Bank Job' (Jason Statham) has 7.1

A

Anonymous

Most of the Saw films have 7.1 as well. Unsure of what format offhand though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts