onkyo 606 HD master audo with panasonic BD 60

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there has any one had this problem I have played a couple of blue ray films such as 'The day the earth stood still' and on the blue ray box it says dts-hd master audio and when you play the film you can select dts-hd master audio 5.1 with the BD-60 audio button but the onkyo 606 only has DTS and hdmi lit in the mode screen the hd master audio light does not show. the DB-60 player has been set so the amp should decodes all the HD audio formats.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps having an idea of what your settings are at present for your blu-ray player and amp would help us diagnose a solution?

ValiantX has a previous thread on this very issue - her settings are there as a reference.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
On my BD30 I set secondary audio off as previously said above and all audio to Bitstream.

Hdmi BD30 to Onkyo 606

On my onkyo 606 this always handles the audio correctly.

So I never had to select any specific audio on a blu-ray.

It will default audio to best audio on the blu-ray.

A

Anonymous

the second zone on the onkyo if off my Panasonic BD-60 audio is set to bit stream when i play defiance it shows DTS HD master audio on the display window of the 606 but when i play say the day the earth stood still or quantim of sollice it only shows DTS on 606 the display window. when you press the audio button on the DB-60 it shows DTS HD 5.1 master audio is surpose tobe playing and on the blue ray boxes it shows DTS HD Master audio.. tried a couple more blue rays and i get the same. could it be a bad batch of blue rays?

A

Anonymous

Second zone on your Onkyo is not the same as 'secondary audio' on your bd player.

Although it does sound an odd problem, please check your panasonic's audio settings so that 'secondary' audio is set to off.

A

Anonymous

just had another check the Bd video secondary audio was switched on. switched it of and the dts hd master problem has been solved.strange how it affected some blue ray films and not others.

thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts