One for Chebby ...

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't like the gloss black or gloss domino effect Marantz 610 .... maybe this is more to your liking.

Unfortunately it looks like it's for Japan only :(

L_mcr610_f_sg_fr.png

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It's still plastic rather than a metal case and doesn't look as good as my M-CR603.

That finish has been available in Japan since launch.

Marantz_MCR603_front.jpg

(Much better and cased in metal.)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Notwithstanding it's looks and plastic build, the M-CR610 never offered any changes or updates that were useful to me. If I wanted Spotify Premium i'd use it via AirPlay from my iPad and I have no interest in streaming 24/192 content.

Going by anecdotal evidence on this forum (and others) selecting inputs and changing radio channels would seem to be much slower on the M-CR610 and startup from standby with network connected much slower too. (I've lost count of people reporting intermittent network connection* on the 610 whereas my 603 has always been very robust.)

I still think Marantz 'missed the boat' by not offering an 'SE' version of the 603/610 (PM-CR810 maybe?) as a natural upgrade path and an alternative to going back to separates (or buying into something like the Naim Uniti range) to achieve the next step in performance.

*Although this may be due to people overreaching the speed and reliability of their internet connections and blaming it on the hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts