one box home cinema for £350????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need surround sound system for my 12' x 12' square living room. i have a samsung le40a756 lcd tv and samsung bd-p1500 blu ray player. i would like a one box set up (just for ease ) and i'd prefer 5.1 rather than 2.1, only have a budget of around £320, want to play the blu ray through the speakers and also the tv. , so at last here is the question,
(1) which to get
(2) will i best off buying a samsung to go with the tv ( will this make life any easier)
(3) what conections should i be looking for to be able to conect the blu ray to it ( later will sap for a ps3) to get the best sound and picture

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Okay, feature wise, the best you're going to get for around that budget is the Sony HT-IS100. It will accept Linear PCM through its HDMI port meaning, as long as your Blu-Ray player can decode the HD audio formats onboard, you'll get HD sound. Your Samsung can't decode DTS HD audio but can decode Dolby TrueHD so any discs you have with Dolby TrueHD or uncompressed PCM soundtracks, you'll get immediate benefits from. When you upgrade to the PS3, you'll then get everything as the PS3 can decode all the formats onboard.
The downsides - it's a bit above your budget (RRP is £499, but I've seen it for £385 - £400 on a few websites). Also, I've never heard it, so I've no idea if it's any good or not. Obviously an audition would be prudent!

A

Anonymous

cheers for the reply professorhat. just looked at is100. just in case the player i have cant decode the audio would i better off getting the is10 and using its own player for normal dvd's, its about the same price i think .

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Well, the Samsung you have can't decode DTS HD Master Audio but can decode Dolby TrueHD as I said, but when you upgrade to a PS3, you'll be fine as this can decode all the soundtracks. So for the moment, any DTS HD Master Audio soundtracks will only get standard DTS 5.1, so no worse than you're getting at the moment. Blu-Rays with Dolby TrueHD and PCM soundtracks though, you'll be able to enjoy the new HD audio formats. All this is only important for Blu-Rays, for DVDs it won't make any difference which machine you have so there's no reason to get the IS10 just for DVDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts