OMG!! Creek evo 50a what an amp!!

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
I had my evo50a delivered with Arcam irdac and chord carnival silverscreen cable yesterday. First thing you notice about this amp is its size and weight, although a small looking device you don't realise how heavy it is until you pick it up, I think it's almost 10kg. Switch it on and you get the oled display which is a brilliant feature, it makes the whole unit look sleek and elegant. I have it connected to bw cm5 speaker with marantz cd6005 and irdac for ipod connection. Out of the box it just sounded amazing I had left it running with dac overnight and now ready to give it some serious listening time. In my view creek goods are a little underrated but I recommend any one looking to buy an amp with in £1k to have the evo 50a on their short list. I had a musical fidelity e10 amp prior to this upgrade which I bought when I was a teenager, almost 20 years ago.

Underrated? Not by me (and many others). I don't remember a Creek amplifier that wasn't well liked or reviewed, every one that I've heard has had a certain something that appears to me to be lacking in similarly priced amps from out east.

Enjoy it, it's a cracker.

NB:- Deserves to be used with it's matching CD player though.......)

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
rainsoothe said:
hi - sounds like a great setup (although CD6005 and DAC is a bit redundant till you'll add some kind of streaming later, either from laptop, or process TV sound with it). Enjoy :)

I know exactly what mean by the cd player and the dac but for now I had to improve the sound quality of my ipod hence the purchase.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Glad to hear that you like your new Creek. My Evolution 5350 has a substantial feel to it too, a lot heavier than you would imagine from looking at it.

Get saving and buy the matching CD player, they look great together
shades_smile.gif

Failing that, there's always the Ruby Dac add-on for the amp, which will give you all the digitl inputs you need plus Bluetooth AptX as well. Not cheap though, about £400 when it eventually hits the shops.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
Next on the list is the matching cd player, it took me 2 years to upgrade the amp after I had upgraded my speakers, hifi is an expensive pass time. :p

You are quite correct there. However as the saying goes, 'all good things come to those who wait' or, indeed, those that are very afluent..
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts