Olive 4 HD vs Naim Uniti

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased 2 Yamaha AS- 500 amplifiers to power 4 sets of q-acoustics 2020 speakers.

I am looking for a streaming device to connect to these and am unsure which of the above would perform better.

Does anyone have any experience with these music streamers?

Also I would like to connect this to both amplifiers if possible for the occasional time I might like to have all speakers on at once.

The AS-500 seems to have analogue inputs only. Any suggestions which cables would perform better?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Really depends what you want to do: the Olive has a built-in hard disk, and can rip music to it using its built-in drive, as well as streaming music to multiple rooms around the house, but it has no built-in amplification, whereas the Naim relies on external ripping and storage, for example on a networked NAS drive, and has onboard amplification.

One's a server/player, the other's a client/player/amplifier.

Oh, and I'd go easy with the volume on those Yamahas if you're expecting each of them to drive two pairs of speakers: you might find they struggle a bit.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for replying.

I am new to this , learnt a lot reading the magazine in the last 3 months but will still apologise in advance for possible stupid questions.

Yes, I guess that is the real question: Is the Naim with a separate NAS a better buy than the Olive or are they similar performance wise.

I did realise (after online purchase..) that the impedance in the 2020's was a bit low for the Yamahas. Would the additional amplification in the Naim help this at all?

TRENDING THREADS