OLED TV playing normal tv - horrific

T

theflyingwasp

Was in John Lewis in edinburgh on Saturday passing through as I was going to see 12 years a slave at the vue.

on all the tvs the bbc cross country running was on in standard definition and the worst picture of all them was the the oleds .at the moment we have no content for 4k and with the dogs dinner of what I seen on Saturday what exactly is the point of these tvs at the moment .

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
Was in John Lewis in edinburgh on Saturday passing through as I was going to see 12 years a slave at the vue.

on all the tvs the bbc cross country running was on in standard definition and the worst picture of all them was the the oleds .at the moment we have no content for 4k and with the dogs dinner of what I seen on Saturday what exactly is the point of these tvs at the moment .

Agreed, it don't look great, but then John Lewis feeds never do. On other sources it looks good.

T

theflyingwasp

As soon as these tvs became available 4k blu ray players should have been right behind them with a handful of movies from each studio - pointless!

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
As soon as these tvs became available 4k blu ray players should have been right behind them with a handful of movies from each studio - pointless!

Agreed.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:

How do you know it's not, we are in january and this years tv's and blu-ray's have not been released yet, i would be very surprised if manufactures don't bring a 4K blu-ray this year.

T

theflyingwasp

Yes I know tvs are set up for store mode and yes no doubt a 4k player will come out at some point this year.

my point is the players should have been released with the tvs to begin with.

the people who paid out thousands of pounds to watch 4k in the home are no further forward than they were when they first bought them months ago.

No 4k content and standard def is terrible.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
As pointed out above, there are no 4k OLED TVs at present.

The issue of 4k content availability has no bearing on OLED picture quality.

Are you sure it was an OLED TV you were looking at, and not a 4k LED model?

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Speaking as a fellow Edinburgher, I've never been impressed with the AV displays in John Lewis'. Decent enough place to buy furniture. TVs? That's a bit harder when it comes to making a judgement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts