Old tv / no hdmi / newer blu ray player

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
1st things first - I appreciate that if this was possible the picture will be pretty rough.

However, can I link my Sony Blu Ray player 370 to an older bedroom tv without an hdmi input ?

I will eventually upgrade to a new hdmi tv - looking at these at the mo.

I have plenty of older leads knocking around and I am sure I can muster something together. Was thinking composite (if thats the right terminology) and then analogue leads for the sound.

Is this possible in the interim between upgrading the tv or am I just mad ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
nads said:
what connections does your TV have?

without knowing what connections or what TV you have the only real answer you can have is Maybe.

Oh yeah that might help.

Obviously no hdmi / has a scart socket but the Sony Blu Ray player does not hence the question.

The tv does have the usual AV2 sockets though - ie video, and anologue mono l and r sockets. As does the Blu ray player. This was what I was thinking of using as the only option but was wondering if the picture would be of watchable quality.

Oh and its a 19" LG tv.

abacus

Should work fine; however beware of cheapo cables as I have come across some that have slightly shorter plugs then usual on them, which means they do not always make contact with the socket properly.

Hope this helps

Bill

TRENDING THREADS