Old Turntable to New Amp?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just aquired a Goldring GL75 turntable which is connected to a Korting Transmare amp. The amp doesnt seem to work but really Id like to connect the turntable to my Cambridge Audio Azur 540A amp. Is this possible and if so, how do I go about doing it?

Is there any kind of cable adapter I can get to go from the old 5 pin round plug of the turntable to the twin audio jacks I need to plug into the amp?

John Duncan

Yep, plenty of adapters around from very cheap to more exotic - just google "DIN to RCA" and pick whatever suits your needs and pocket.

You'll need a phono amp - Cambridge do a 540p and 640p for £40 and £60 respectively - the 640p is well worth the extra if you can stretch to it, though may be too good for both the table and the amp.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello there, not knowing whats wrong with your amp you could at least try fitting leads from your amp into the aux of the Cambridge for not much outlay, a couple of quid from maplins din to phono if that doesn't work then either of the suggestions above are worth checking out. as for your turntable go to the vinyl engine site, they have a dedicated page on goldring lenco's with a wealth of knowledge and believe me it is a fine deck when properly set up and is more than a match for your amp. good luck.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Yep, plenty of adapters around from very cheap to more exotic - just google "DIN to RCA" and pick whatever suits your needs and pocket.

You'll need a phono amp - Cambridge do a 540p and 640p for £40 and £60 respectively - the 640p is well worth the extra if you can stretch to it, though may be too good for both the table and the amp.[/quote]

You can also get Richer Sounds to fit in on-board phono stage to your amp, if you don't want additional boxes around the room. My Father-In-Law had it done. Price was the same as the stand alone phono if I'm not mistaken.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts