Dug out oldies last night.

The Hollies - The Other Side... All their 'B' sides. Really good. Some of the tracks wouldn't be out of place as an 'A' side.

Cliff 'Kittywig' Richard - Greatest Hits. Pleasantly surprised by SQ and enjoyed some of his early songs.

Wings - Band On The Run. Classic tracks on probably the best album they did.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Cliff 'Kittywig' Richard - Greatest Hits. Pleasantly surprised by SQ and enjoyed some of his early songs.

Was always more of a Shadows man myself, but still, a very underrated artist. I hated his Christmas songs. His recent album of rock 'n' roll covers is worth listening to though.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Listened to Talking Heads:Naked recently.

Not heard it for over 20 years and forgot how awesome it is. The SQ is stellar and the rhythms infectious. Then again, anything produced by the venerable Steve Lillywhite always sounds great.

I actually had dinner with him in New York a few years ago through a mutual friend. Such a nice guy. Amazing stories to tell about the music industry and hilariously funny!

MajorFubar said:
plastic penguin said:

Was always more of a Shadows man myself, but still, a very underrated artist. I hated his Christmas songs. His recent album of rock 'n' roll covers is worth listening to though.

Nearly all his early hits were backed by the Shadows.

Infiniteloop said:
Listened to Talking Heads:Naked recently.

Not heard it for over 20 years and forgot how awesome it is. The SQ is stellar and the rhythms infectious. Then again, anything produced by the venerable Steve Lillywhite always sounds great.

I actually had dinner with him in New York a few years ago through a mutual friend. Such a nice guy. Amazing stories to tell about the music industry and hilariously funny!

Likey Talking Heads. Have two of their albums.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
MajorFubar said:
plastic penguin said:

Nearly all his early hits were backed by the Shadows.

Correct, hence my reference to them. Though as you probably know, the earliest tracks had them credited as The Drifters, but they chose to change them name to save confusion with the US band.

Much of Cliff's 70s solo work was produced by Bruce Welch, who also wrote for Olivia Newton John.

Gray

Just last night I was digitising some 40 year old vinyl.

Did this whole album, sounded great, not least the title track, thanks to the fantastic Philly sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sClRqQ_rlQ

...this sort of stuff makes me feel happy, had me air-drumming the high hat.

And yep, Wings too - love 'em.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Brazil! Always reminds me of the strange Terry Gilliam film of the same name. Anyone who finds the plot of The Matrix too simple and elementary should try Brazil.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Brazil! Always reminds me of the strange Terry Gilliam film of the same name. Anyone who finds the plot of The Matrix too simple and elementary should try Brazil.

One of my faves. I have the Criterion Collection DVD release somewhere......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts