Old Pioneer Reciever Question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bought an old Pioneer SX-700L receiver with an old pair of AR7 speakers (collect tommorow eve) ...

Was more interested in the speakers for a 2nd bedroom system, which will be connected to a Pioneer A400 amp and a Pioneer PD-S703 CDP ...., but got both the speakers and the receiver for £30, and seller says all items are in mint condition

My current amp is a Pioneer SA-9800 .... can I connect the Pioneer SX receiever to my amp and use it as a tuner? ... Most prob a stupid question, but the SX receiver has an FM/LW tuner and built in amp (think its 40 watts ....My current amp is 100 watts at 8 Ohms

I know that the Pioneer TX series can be connected as that is only a tuner without a built in amp

If I can connect, do I connect it to the tuner ports of the amp?

matthewpiano

dim_span:
Bought an old Pioneer SX-700L receiver with an old pair of AR7 speakers (collect tommorow eve) ...

Was more interested in the speakers for a 2nd bedroom system, which will be connected to a Pioneer A400 amp and a Pioneer PD-S703 CDP ...., but got both the speakers and the receiver for £30, and seller says all items are in mint condition

My current amp is a Pioneer SA-9800 .... can I connect the Pioneer SX receiever to my amp and use it as a tuner? ... Most prob a stupid question, but the SX receiver has an FM/LW tuner and built in amp (think its 40 watts ....My current amp is 100 watts at 8 Ohms

I know that the Pioneer TX series can be connected as that is only a tuner without a built in amp

If I can connect, do I connect it to the tuner ports of the amp?

Connect the TAPE OUT of the SX-700L to the TUNER input of the SA-9800 and you'll get glorious FM sound. I had an SX450 for a while and the tuner section was superb. Let us know how it, and the ARs, work out. I'm currently playing with vintage amplification myself so its interesting to share notes with you.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Matthew ... will post back .... was a bit confused, as the receiver has a built in amp and was not sure if I could connect that to the existing amp ... I know the TX series (not a receiver-its just a tuner) can be connected

I am a bit dumb when it comes to these things!

matthewpiano

Not at all!! The TAPE OUT will bypass the power amp section of the receiver and simply provide the SA9800 with a line level signal. You can power the SX700L up (obviously)and make sure the tuner input is selected on it, but switch the speaker outputs off as well so that the amp section doesn't think it should be driving speakers.

TRENDING THREADS