Old gits that still rock

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Reijer said:
Is Lenny Kravitz old and rocky enough? Going to see him this summer in Holland, at Concert at Sea.

Golden Earring is also great. Their gitarist, George Kooymans, is a great singer to!

Nothing against Lenny, but...

Born: May 26, 1964 (age 50).

I think he is few decades behind his prime for this thread.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Reijer said:
Is Lenny Kravitz old and rocky enough? Going to see him this summer in Holland, at Concert at Sea.

Golden Earring is also great. Their gitarist, George Kooymans, is a great singer to!

Nothing against Lenny, but...

Born: May 26, 1964 (age 50).

I think he is few decades behind his prime for this thread.

I dunno

http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Lenny-Kravitz-Giant-Scarf.jpeg

SteveR750

manicm said:
Probably a bit too cerebral for most but I'd kill to watch Robert Fripp/King Crimson's upcoming small US tour. And also Arcade Fire, they're not old gits yet, but they've always been old souls. I love them. Not really interested in nostalgia for its own sake.

+1 oh yes

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Black sabbath were doing a tour Motörhead have got a new album out and they always do a tour . The last band I went to see was blaze Bailey the ex singer from iron maiden . The trouble is they are all getting old like me lol

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ZZ Top are closer to 70 than 60 these days.

Peter Gabriel is 65 and still gigging. Peter Green, 68. Dylan is 74. Robert Plant is 67. Jimmy Page 71.

Obviously, once you get to middle age+, the bands you grew up listening to are now into pensioner territory!

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
I have seen ozzy live 8 times and black sabbath and they were amazing to see live but bill ward was not doing the drumming on that concert as he got cancer I think at the time

They were amazing but Ozzy is awful these days. He's bent over eading an autocue and so out of tune, not even protools can help him.

matthewpiano

Over the last few years I've seen plenty of older bands and performers give great performances live including Fleetwood Mac, Queen + Paul Rodgers, Moody Blues, Crosby Stills & Nash, America, John Lees' Barclay James Harvest, Strawbs (acoustic and electric), Richard Thompson, Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, and Jethro Tull. They are to be treasured!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
dim_span said:
lots of good upcoming shows at the Cambridge Corn exchange:

such as The Stranglers, Simple Minds, Mike and the Mechanics, Mary Black, Belle and Sebastian, Bryan Ferry, UB40, Christy Moore, Elvis Costello, Robert Cray, etc

http://www.cornex.co.uk/all-shows

Is that Sebastian the old singer from skid row ?

Nope. Belle and Sebastian is an indie pop band for depersonalized chicks. Wonderful as watching paint dry. I'd rather go with generic rock by Sebastian Bach.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
he must be getting near his 70s now i can not see him doing anymore now as like you say he has got out of tune not like the old days he was going to do a new black sabbath album but i do not think thats going to happen as after the 13 tour you heard nothing from him anymore i guess its all them years of drugs drink and rock and roll it catches up with you in the end shame i still love him

TRENDING THREADS