Old gits that still rock

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Any rock bands straight out of the retirement home still on tour? I'm surprised what these guys can still pull off. Please recommend others.

And since this is in the Hi-Fi section, how loud and through which cables should I listen to them.

peace.gif

jerryapril

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
When you YouTube it, you'll find some good ones.

I've seen Deep Purple gigging somwhere in California quite lately and yes they were rocking as good as ever before.

Think I've found the Nazareth as well, not sure...

As for Hi_Fi cables you should go for a kitchen ring wires as many on this forum would reccomend...

Let the fun begin!

I think Status Quo and Leonard Cohen are still pretty active ................ if you happen to like that sort of thing.

As loud as your deaf neighbours will allow and best wires are those Jean Claude Van Damme ones that everyone on this forum use ('cos they kick ass!) :)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Black Sabbath are still going and sounding good AC/DC Final tour this year I think . Nazareth are still going but I think there singer had to give up due to bad health Deep Purple are still going

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

No-one else rocks like Iggy, even now. Last time I saw him, the band flew into the first track, Iggy charged on to the stage, across the stage, and threw himself headfirst into the crowd.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I think Fifa there put a load of words in a bag, gave it a shake then drew them out one by one. At some point he'll realise he missed the football forum by miles.

Vladimir said:
Holy bejesus... AC/DC at this!

How can people listen to bloody depressing Radiohead???!

That dutch rock band I posted, Golden Earring was formed in 1961, one year before the Rolling Stones. They are the oldest living rock band on earth, 54 years active! 25 albums under their belt and their newest one is called...

This generic kettle cord is amazing! I can't hear myself typing!

What a wonderful album title. I remember going to see these in the seventies (many people cannot).

Regards amazing kettle cord, are you sure its plugged in?

dim_span

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
Vladimir said:

That dutch rock band I posted, Golden Earring was formed in 1961, one year before the Rolling Stones. They are the oldest living rock band on earth, 54 years active! 25 albums under their belt and their newest one is called...

What a wonderful album title. I remember going to see these in the seventies (many people cannot).

Regards amazing kettle cord, are you sure its plugged in?

one of the first LP's that I ever bought was Golden Earring Moontan ....

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

aa5ac76598412b60a01733f6314e33bd.jpeg

253038-emp.jpg

4B9Fdwy.gif

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It's really insane what passes as 'rock' these days. If you can't fill a huge field with sea of people, several support PA islands and helicopters for the cameras, you do not get to call your music rock. Period.

This? Just stop breathing, why don't you.
f_rolleyes.gif

SteveR750

Vlad, where in '91? I was at THAT gig in Donnington, and me and my mates appear in the crowd shots a couple of times. What a night! I've seen them in '82, '91, '96, 2000, 2009 and '10(twice) now last tour.

manicm

Probably a bit too cerebral for most but I'd kill to watch Robert Fripp/King Crimson's upcoming small US tour. And also Arcade Fire, they're not old gits yet, but they've always been old souls. I love them. Not really interested in nostalgia for its own sake.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Is Lenny Kravitz old and rocky enough? Going to see him this summer in Holland, at Concert at Sea.

Golden Earring is also great. Their gitarist, George Kooymans, is a great singer to!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts