Old amplifiers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:
The old Pioneer also looks good
emotion-1.gif

pic is too large to post here and I don't know how to resize

i usually hate the way old amps look, all covered in knobs! that looks pretty mint though, better without the volume knob lit up. :)

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:dim_span:

The old Pioneer also looks good
emotion-1.gif

pic is too large to post here and I don't know how to resize

i usually hate the way old amps look, all covered in knobs! that looks pretty mint though, better without the volume knob lit up. :)

mine is standard version (without the volume knob lit up) ... I have a slightly newer one without the wood top and sides ... it actually looks better in real lie than what you see in the pic... a bit large though

A

Anonymous

This thread got me interested/thinking.
emotion-55.gif

So I dusted down some early/mid 80's equipment - NAD 3140 (£320) amp and Philips CD104 (£249), and connected them up to a pair of B&W 801's (£1075). Hate to think how much those prices would equal today; with inflation.
emotion-7.gif

Let them warm up for about an hour and played a couple of discs. An excellent combination of warmth, emotion and dynamics - if a little lacking in fine detail.

I found myself trying many more CD's over about 5 hours, thoroughly enjoyable and probably worth peanuts.

When I have a bit more time I'll try connecting it up to my TEAC tape deck and, to keep in era, try it with an 80's master.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts