Odd Marking Along Interconnect Cables.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a 1m length of QED Qunex 3 from ebay but there are some strange marks (1cm X 0.5cm approx.) intermittently along the length of both cables. Initially I thought they were ink smudges caused when the lettering was added but on closer inspection it's actually on the surface of the silver plated OFC braid and underneath the PVC outer jacket. It looks as though someone has run a black marker pen over it, highlighting the individual strands in the braids affected and making them stand out more. One particular patch is black and also a kind of bronzey gold colour. It's almost like part of the cable's rotting!

Has anyone come across this before or does anyone have an idea what might have caused it? A problem during the manufacturing process perhaps?

scene

IF you can post a picture of the affected cable that would help
emotion-21.gif

It sounds almost like oxidation of the silver. You might want to ping off an email to QED and ask them...

Hang on, you got them on eBay. What was their description? New / Used - I'd be tempted to contact the seller and take this up with them asap. Do you know how old the cables were?

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid I'm not able to post an image at the moment but your suggestion of oxidation sounds very likely. The cable was described as new in the listing (although the packaging was a little worse for wear) and I've emailed him just now to see if he can furnish me with a replacement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts