admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the Sept edition it states that in the Oct issue "Arcam takes on the Cyrus CD6SE".

Instead there is just a straightforward review on the Arcam CD17 with no comparison to the Cyrus.

What happended?

jules.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
According to Mr Tech Ed Bharadia, two things happened:

1) The Arcam turned out to be much less expensive than we thought it was going to be

2) The Arcam turned out to be not quite as good as we thought it might have been

Hence there seemed little point in a direct comparison in the magazine.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Though the two did get compared when we were testing - as well as the Arcam going up against the Rega Apollo and the Pioneer PD-D6-J (both of which are listed as Also Consider players in the mag and here online).

A

Anonymous

Is there a review of Naim's HDX coming soon Andrew? I seem to remember it beingÿpencilledÿin around this time when it was announced a few months back ? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
According to Mr Tech Ed Bharadia, two things happened:

1) The Arcam turned out to be much less expensive than we thought it was going to be

2) The Arcam turned out to be not quite as good as we thought it might have been

Hence there seemed little point in a direct comparison in the magazine.

OK thanks that Andrew & Clare.

BTW I was intrigued by your review of the QED Genesis Revelation speaker cable but can't seen to find any info or sellers for this product.... is it so new that it's not yet been released?

thanks again.

jules.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's that time of year when we're getting kit in for Awards judging that's so new manufacturers are still updating their own websites/dealers on the products.

The QED Genesis Revelation is one of those products - i'd expect Armour Group (QED Distributor) to have info on their website ASAP.

A

Anonymous

Cheers.

Let's hope the Genesis Revelation is biblically good.

...BOOM! BOOM!

jules.

A

Anonymous

Just thought I would say that the October issue is the best issue I have read in a long time! That speaker comparison is great!!!

A

Anonymous

I noticed in the highlighted letter (the one with a big pic of a 6SE with it) in the Stereo Q&A section, that midway through the writers question, there is for some reason, html code for a picture of something!

Not sure if this is some bug, so just a heads up.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Hughes, it's a great issue. I've only just bought it in Tesco this morning (gotta sort out that subscription!)...

On another thread recently I was complaining about all the TV reviews in WHF. This issue has it all though, it's really nicely balanced and a thoroughly enjoyable read. Well done WHF!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We aim to please...

It's also worth pointing out that contents are somewhat cyclical - there's getting to be a glut of TVs from April-June, a time when very little other kit comes out (certainly this year!), so issues may feel a little unbalanced. This time of year, however, we have a vast amount of new product to choose from - the problem then comes in how much we can pack into any one test schedule/issue!

Next issue you'll see a redesigned Buyer's Guide at the back of the mag that'll be slightly more compact - leaving us even more room in the front of the mag for a wide variety of tests.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, we were hoping for the full lowdown in time for the issue, but it didn't squeak in - plenty up here about it since, though. Sorry about that. Review of the new unit in our next issue - out Sept 18th, for sure (i've had my hands on it!)

Hughes123:Just thought I would say that the October issue is the best issue I have read in a long time! That speaker comparison is great!!!

Absolutely agree, although not as good as September edition. . .
emotion-19.gif
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hurrah! Thanks for the comments and thfcwestlover, thanks for the spot - will investigate!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts