#nowspinning. What you spinning #nowplaying

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site

Oh wow, got it on right now too ☺️

I was gutted that Chloe & the next 20th Century signalled the death of Father John Misty.

But, there was life after Ziggy, so here’s hoping… 🤞

IMG-2669.jpg

Reactions: martois

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Probably the one in my photo or The Prodigal Son
Hiya Al, finally got round to listening to Ry Cooder, the ST. I have to say I found the first few tracks a bit…throwaway, easily forgotten. That said, I liked ‘Available Space’, ‘Police Dog Blues’, ‘Goin’ To Brownsville’ and ‘Dark Is The night’ was really good. The listed tunes are more like what I expected 👍

Hiya Al, finally got round to listening to Ry Cooder, the ST. I have to say I found the first few tracks a bit…throwaway, easily forgotten. That said, I liked ‘Available Space’, ‘Police Dog Blues’, ‘Goin’ To Brownsville’ and ‘Dark Is The night’ was really good. The listed tunes are more like what I expected 👍
Good to hear.
Played mine again only yesterday.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
After waiting nearly two weeks for delivery my Gary Moore album arrived today.I was always under the impression it wasn't available on vinyl but I was wrong. It sounds excellent.
View attachment 6238
Fantastic guitar player, saw him a couple of times. A bit of a miserable git, but boy could he play!
One time Buddy Whittington guested, he could play a bit too 🙂

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I saw him in an interview he was getting peed off with the guy and another one he started shouting abuse at the bass player.
Mind, some interviewers ask some pretty dumb questions. I saw one where he was asked by the interviewer “can you show me some ‘special’ notes” 😂 Gary looked somewhat bemused.

Blimey Al, that’s some claim to fame! Mind, I once had a (very) short chat with Pete Townshend 🙂
This had nothing to do with poor Phil's death shortly afterwards I swear... :)
By pure chance managed to catch them at a small club called Mother Blues that they always played after their major gig in the Dallas Stadium.
Actually when we walked past the place and it said "Tonight only, Thin Lizzy" we thought it must be a tribute band .
Glad I went in.....

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
This had nothing to do with poor Phil's death shortly afterwards I swear... :)
By pure chance managed to catch them at a small club called Mother Blues that they always played after their major gig in the Dallas Stadium.
Actually when we walked past the place and it said "Tonight only, Thin Lizzy" we thought it must be a tribute band .
Glad I went in.....
A band I wish I saw. Classy musicians with so much energy in the music, all done with apparent ease. I’ve had to make do with ‘Limehouse Lizzy’. They’re actually very good, for a tribute act.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts