Nothing changes....

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Just dipping back into my hifi mag from 1987 and saw this heading:

BASF SURVEY CLAIMS MAJORITY CANNOT TELL CASSETTE FROM CD

TAPE USED - BASF CR-M11

EQUIPMENT - Philips CD304; Aiwa V-150 sound system; Aiwa ADF770 cassette deck; Aiwa DX660.

RESULT - One person in a hundred got all ten excerpts. 66% got 5 or less.

All that's missing was a forum to argue about it. ;)

Cno

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
So people were cloth-eared back then too? :bigsmile:

Sorry, but the amount of times I recorded vinyl and CD's onto tape - good quality tapes too - it never sounded the same, regardless of how many different ways I tried it.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The good old days of recording vinyl to tape and choosing which tape is best, chrome, metal, BASF, Maxell, Denon etc, have to agree with Dave must be cloth ears as Tape to CD was a major difference, to me anyway!
smiley-cool.gif

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
007L2Thrill said:
The good old days of recording vinyl to tape and choosing which tape is best, chrome, metal, BASF, Maxell, Denon etc, have to agree with Dave must be cloth ears as Tape to CD was a major difference, to me anyway!
smiley-cool.gif

TDK SA-X all the way.....preferred some of my recordings made from Linn Sondek to a Sony Cassette Deck (TCK 4A) to some CDs

A

Anonymous

Those were the days. I remember having normal tapes, saving the chrome tapes for my favourite albums and having a couple of metal tapes for my 'best' albums.

A

Anonymous

I can remember comparing a recording from my LP12 to Sony Walkman Pro on to TDK SA versus the same CD on a Sony portable disc player using the same headphones and a group of us agreed that the tape was better!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
John Duncan said:
scene said:
Un bon mot convenable de Jean-Paul Sartre

Ah, I remember him when he had an F1 team. Happy days...

...veering off to the realms of insanity... ably helped by his compadres...Nothing Changes! :p

De rien, mon ami

A dhuine uasail, is fear uasal agus rógaire thú.

You might be able to "Out French" me.....so try that for size. :p

Nb. Nothing for Mods to worry about. :)

Cno

scene

CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
John Duncan said:
scene said:

...veering off to the realms of insanity... ably helped by his compadres...Nothing Changes! :p

De rien, mon ami

A dhuine uasail, is fear uasal agus rógaire thú. You might be able to "Out French" me.....so try that for size. :p Nb. Nothing for Mods to worry about. :) Cno

I quite like being called a gentleman and a rascal (my Irish is rusty, so I may have got that slightly wrong)

Seán

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
John Duncan said:
scene said:

De rien, mon ami

A dhuine uasail, is fear uasal agus rógaire thú. You might be able to "Out French" me.....so try that for size. :p Nb. Nothing for Mods to worry about. :) Cno

I quite like being called a gentleman and a rascal (my Irish is rusty, so I may have got that slightly wrong)
Seán

How's your Russian. :|

Cno

scene

CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
John Duncan said:
scene said:

De rien, mon ami

Seán

How's your Russian. :| Cno

:D lol

It's cr*p, beyond the obvious phrases you pick up from films...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
scene said:
CnoEvil said:
John Duncan said:
scene said:

De rien, mon ami

Seán

How's your Russian. :| Cno

:D lol
It's cr*p, beyond the obvious phrases you pick up from films...

So's mine..........but I'm related to the head of Russian at Trinity college. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts