not happy with my system any ideas

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi im not entirely satisfied with my system been trying different cd players and cables but think the problem might be somewhere else it can sound bright and slow thinking of buying a naim amp or changing the speakers any ideas

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Yep. Pop along to the Naim dealer and try a Nait XS (the Nait XS pre-amp section can also make use of your Flatcap 2X)

Should work extremely well with those SA1s. (And connect them with NAC A5 speaker cable too.)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Chebby, as the Caspian would seem to be the culprit.

There is something wrong, if the SA1s are sounding bright. There is also the fact that Naim amps don't do "slow", so this would make sense.

If you go fully Naim, using their own speaker cable makes sense.

A

Anonymous

thanks was thinking more of 202 200 pre power have u ever heard this also wouldnt a5 speaker cable be a downgrade from signature ive tried lots of cable but nothing has the clarity of this

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
edd said:
thanks was thinking more of 202 200 pre power have u ever heard this...

No. I have owned an all Naim system (Nait 5i/CD5i/NAT05/nSATs/NAC A5) and extensively heard the Nait XS (inluding with SA1s) and the NaimUniti.

I suggested the Nait XS initially because I wasn't sure of your available budget.

edd said:
...also wouldnt a5 speaker cable be a downgrade from signature ive tried lots of cable but nothing has the clarity of this

Dunno. It's good quality, thick OFC copper and designed to match their amplifiers specifically in all respects (inductance, capacitance, resistance etc.)

Try it at your dealer. If you are going to be buying/trying Naim seperates, they should not complain about you borrowing a set of terminated NAC A5 leads too. If they don't want to, then find a better Naim dealer who is more in touch with the current financial realities.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks dont know if slow and bright are the right words maybe its that the speakers are to smooth and amp is quite clinical i had pmc gb1i before those sounded very bright but more exciting but had no real punch and were to boomy in my 3x3 room is there a compromise between the two

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
edd said:
ok thanks dont know if slow and bright are the right words maybe its that the speakers are to smooth and amp is quite clinical i had pmc gb1i before those sounded very bright but more exciting but had no real punch and were to boomy in my 3x3 room is there a compromise between the two

I don't think SA1 will produce "bright" sound and may be it is the amplifier that caused it. I have no experience with Naim but my Leema Tucana II drives SA1 like a charm and I really love and enjoy the music.

Lastly don't just blame your hifi setup and a lot of people under estimate the effect of room acoustics as well as ignoring the quality of their power supply (noise level in the supply line).

(See the link in my signature for more details)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts