Not getting ITV HD (and some other channels) on my freesat box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought a Grunding (cringe) Freesat box GUFSAT01HD as it was only £25 so thought I'd give it a go. I've had to connect it directly to the TV as when going through the receiver there's a two second delay of the audio compared to the video. I would also lose the HDMI link each time I powered off/on the box or changed inputs on the receiver. So currently I've had to output the audio from the TV via optical to my amp to get round this. See my other post for details- if anyone's got any solutions for this I'd be really grateful.But my point of this post is that I'm missing some channels, markedly ITV HD, but also some others, I think. I haven't moved the dish from it's Sky position, so wondering if I have to point to another satellite. I thought they were all available on Astra and another one (eurosat?).

daveh75

The dish doen't need re-aligning, as you're correct in that Freesat and Sky use the same satellites (assuming the dish hasn't been knocked/moved of course).

When you say you're unable to get ITV HD, you know it's a "red button service" rather than a proper channel with an EPG slot,right?

Also what other channel's are you missing specifically?

Full Freesat line-up is here, to be sure!

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

When you say you're unable to get ITV HD, you know it's a "red button service" rather than a proper channel with an EPG slot,right?

ÿAhem... No I have to admit I didn't realise that!
Wondered why I couldn't see it anywhere in lists of channels on the interweb. Thanks daveh75.Got some more channels by re-installing and just added some non-freesat channels as well (Luxe Hd, Sky news, etc.).So that's the end to this thread. Just have to solve the HDMI issue now.<Slopes of, embarrassed...>

daveh75

Just to clarify ,to access ITV HD, when you're on ITV, you'll get a prompt to press the red button if the programmes being simulcast/available on ITV HD.

By the By those Grundig boxes were a bargain at £25.I assume you got it from PC world/curry's in their stock clearance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts