Northants Hi-Fi show - who liked what!??!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having been to the show yesterday - I liked a few things - with some nice valve kit surprising me....

At the Absolute Sounds room - the new Prima Luna stuff with Sonus Faber Liuto towers - seemed to punch above it's price for me, very nice.

Ikon Audio had Jadis DA88S amp, with Jadis CD and Audioplan speakers - I could have sat there for ages - it's hard to tell if I would have liked it so much at home, or with my own music (should have taken some) but it had a very listenable quality that made me want to sit there longer and longer .....

The Arcam room playing a surround system with music - what FUN ....

Audio Research with Martin Logan in Absolute Sounds (another room) - dynamic and unboxy of course, but perhaps not the warmth I want to hear - but I want to hear this again in a dem/home setting - it was impressive in so many ways.

One little room had audio analogue CD and amp with Amphion speakers - and I think the CD/amp were £600 each - this sounded FAR better than it should at that price and worked really well in that room .....

Those were my highlights .......... anyone else!?!?!?

A

Anonymous

The new Kudos X2 speakers - by a country mile.

I only really spent time in the rooms clustered with Naim. Lots and lots of silly things around when you peered into some rooms - I haven't a clue who buys some of this stuff.

I thought the Arcam AV room was way too big, really affecting the rear surrounds - loads of light leak onto the screen also from the door being constantly open...

As HiFi shows go, it wasn't a bad venue....Even got to watch the F1 with a pint in the Silverstone Bar !

A

Anonymous

The lay-out of the show 'sucked big time' as they say across the pond and I kept getting lost a wasting time going back the way I came - arrrgh ...... but I was far from the only one!

A

Anonymous

SC:
I only really spent time in the rooms clustered with Naim. Lots and lots of silly things around when you peered into some rooms - I haven't a clue who buys some of this stuff.

Depends on what you like I guess - having recently been on various dem's lately for a coming upgrade, the Naim rooms were not ones I felt I needed to enter, as their stuff is not really for me [sorry!!]

Found some of the valve stuff interesting but who has room for some of those odd horn speakers and the ultra huge Cabasse sphere thingys [upstairs] !!??? kinda funky, though they were !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts